The key to making a juicy pork tenderloin lies in the technique, and the steps are really simple.
For a 2lb. Pork Tenderloin:
- Sear for ~ 10 minutes
- Bake for ~ 40 minutes
* ~ approximate, depending on the heat range of your stove
1) You’ll want to set your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and your stovetop to medium-high heat.
2) Season your pork tenderloin as you usually would and coat with oil.
3) Sear all sides of your pork tenderloin in a deep pan for 10 minutes or until it achieves a nice color to it. Add a little water to the pan to keep the meat from sticking and to prevent it from over drying.
4) Place into your oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until the internal temperature of your tenderloin is 145 degrees Fahrenheit. I like to add in onions, potatoes and 1/8-1/4 cup of water to keep the pork moist in the oven.
The key to a juicy pork tenderloin is to not overcook the meat or it will dry out. If your pork is just a hint of pink that is fine. If pink doesn’t sit well with you, you can leave the tenderloin in the oven for an extra 10 minutes.
5) Take out the pork and let it rest with aluminum foil over the top.
I like to pair my pork with glazed peaches and Weber’s Barbecue Sauce. It’s gluten-free and has no high fructose corn syrup.
Yep super easy!
Let me know how it goes!
I’ve never cooked pork!! Need to try this!!
This looks delicious! I’ve always been nervous to cook pork, so thanks for this great step-by-step :-) x